Ambulatory care nursing is one of the most vibrant and evolving nursing specialties in health care today. For this year’s conference, our AAACN experts thoughtfully curated a program that addresses the many challenges you face. You’ll enjoy top speakers in the industry who will give you relevant, practical information you can use immediately.
What you’ll take home
- Stronger leadership skills and confidence in your abilities.
- Knowledge of best practices being implemented today.
- A broader view of clinical, management, leadership, CCTM, and telehealth practice.
- Awareness of emerging trends and breakthroughs, and how you can use them.
- AAACN believes in giving you the most education value possible for your conference investment.
- Networking lunch session with tables reserved for first-time attendees.
- Access to the 2020 conference sessions in the AAACN Online Library after you leave. You can listen any time so you don’t miss a thing! (No additional cost to attendees.)
- Earn five bonus contact hours in the AAACN Online Library (Available after the conference to full conference registrants.).
(Available with full main conference registration only.)
Who you’ll see there
This is the premier conference for ambulatory care, telehealth, and CCTM nurses. Attendees include managers, supervisors, administrators, directors, staff nurses, care coordinators, educators, consultants, advanced practice nurses, and researchers who practice in such settings as:
- Hospital-based outpatient clinics/centers
- Solo/group medical practices
- Telehealth call centers
- University hospitals
- Community hospitals
- Military and VA settings
- Managed care/HMOs/PPOs
- College/educational institutes
Ron Culberson, MSW, CSP
Keynote Speaker, Wednesday, April 15
“Do It Well, Make It Fun”
He’ll make you laugh. He’ll make you believe in yourself. He’ll teach you how to achieve excellence in your daily career, then go home happy about your day. Ron Culberson is a speaker, author, and humorist whose mission is to change the workplace culture by boosting productivity and staff happiness. His clients include NASA, Johns Hopkins University, and the U.S. Senate. Enjoy this lively presentation as the perfect kick-off to your conference experience.
Shelly Schwedhelm, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
General Session Speaker, Thursday, April 16
“Ebola, MERS, Measles: Not in My Clinic!”
Shelly Schwedhelm is the Executive Director of Emergency Management and Biopreparedness at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. In this session, she will discuss the current infectious disease landscape and what clinical nurses and nurse leaders need to know to be prepared. You’ll leave her session with a deeper understanding of the services and operations critically needed to prepare for the global threat of infectious diseases.
Debra Cox, MS, RN
Town Hall Facilitator, Friday, April 17
"Ambulatory Care Is the Future of Nursing”
Debra Cox is the Nurse Administrator for E-Health at Mayo Clinic. She will lead the year’s Town Hall discussion on how the passion, resources, and evidence-based knowledge of ambulatory care nurses will impact the future of nursing. Ms. Cox will present her insights and knowledge on e-health practices for health care teams and encourage attendees to take the mic and share their own experiences with their colleagues.